Asked by: Mycola Kwosniehealthy living nutrition
What are the different types of greens?
Last Updated: 27th May, 2020
- Kohlrabi Greens. Photo by Charles Masters, food styling by Suzanne Lenzer.
- Bok Choy. Photo and food styling by Rhoda Boone.
- Spinach. Photo by Christina Holmes.
- Broccoli Raab.
- American Mustard Green.
- Beet Greens.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, it is asked, are there different types of collard greens?
Popular cultivars of collard greens include 'Georgia Southern', 'Vates', 'Morris Heading', 'Blue Max', 'Top Bunch', 'Butter Collard' (couve manteiga), couve tronchuda, and Groninger Blauw. In Africa it is commonly known as Sukuma (East Africa), Muriwo or umBhida (Southern Africa).
Also, what are the healthiest greens to eat? The 14 Healthiest Vegetables on Earth
- Spinach. This leafy green tops the chart as one of the healthiest vegetables, thanks to its impressive nutrient profile.
- Carrots. Carrots are packed with vitamin A, providing 428% of the daily recommended value in just one cup (128 grams) (4).
- Brussels Sprouts.
- Green Peas.
- Swiss Chard.
Furthermore, what are the best greens to cook?
Sturdy leafy greens, such as chard, kale, mustard, beet, collard, and turnip greens, are known as cooking greens. They bring valuable nutrients to your diet, along with some flavor and color to your table.
What are leafy greens called?
Leaf vegetables, also called leafy greens, salad greens, pot herbs, vegetable greens, or simply greens, are plant leaves eaten as a vegetable, sometimes accompanied by tender petioles and shoots.