Asked by: Brigit Berriozarstyle and fashion makeup and accessories
What are the hazards of being a cosmetologist?
Last Updated: 4th September, 2021
- Hazardous Chemicals and Substances. Cosmetologists use, inhale and absorb hazardous chemicals every day, all day.
- Infection Risks. Cosmetologists use hot curling irons and sharp instruments, and minor injuries occur.
- Ergonomic Injuries. Long periods of repetitive motions stress body parts.
- Emotional Stress.
- The Workplace.
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, people ask, what are the hazards and risks in a salon?
Hazards/Risks in salon:
- Slips: Water on floor, Cut hair on floor.
- Electrical: Appliances falling into sinks of water, Touching switches with wet hands etc..
- Chemical: Alergic reactions to shampoo, Colours and bleaches.
Also, what are the benefits of being a cosmetologist? The Top 5 Benefits of Cosmetology Careers
- The Working Environment Is A Blast: You certainly won't be bored on the job.
- You Help Others Look Their Best:
- Stronger Job Security:
- Flexible Work Schedules:
- Your Career Will Take Off Quickly:
- Secure Cosmetology License From Franklin Academy.
Also Know, what are the pros and cons of being a cosmetologist?
This career has several pros and cons.
- Pro: Personal Interaction.
- Con: Physical Demands.
- Pro: Entrepreneurship Opportunities.
- Con: Wages.
- Pro: Job Satisfaction.
- Con: Licensing Requirements.
Is cosmetology a good career choice?
Trying to narrow down the field and make a career choice can be a stressful and daunting task. Cosmetology is a fast-growing field that offers great earning potential along with wide flexibility and room for your own personal creativity. Cosmetology is the study and practice of beauty services.