Asked by: Hanif Robledanews and politics law
What are the important features of Indian constitution?
Last Updated: 18th January, 2020
- The bulkiest constitution of the world.
- Rigidity and flexibility.
- Parliamentary system of government.
- Federal system with a unitary bias.
- Fundamental rights and fundamental duties.
- Directive principles of state policy.
- Independent judiciary.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, what are the main features of Constitution?
The basic structure of the Constitutioni.e. its most fundamental features can be described as:Preamble, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles, Secularism,Federalism, Republicanism, Independence of Judiciary, Rule of Law,and Liberal Democracy.
Also Know, what are the three features of constitution? The Constitution has three main functions.First it creates a national government consisting of a legislative,an executive, and a judicial branch, with a system of checks andbalances among the three branches. Second, it divides powerbetween the federal government and the states.
Similarly, you may ask, how many features are there in Indian Constitution?
At present, the Constitution of Indiacontains 448 Articles in 25 Parts and 12 Schedules. However, thereare multiple features of the Constitution, namelySecular State, Federalism, Parliamentary Government, FundamentalRights and many more.
What are the 5 key features of the Constitution?
key features of indian constitution
- The lengthiest Constitution in the world.
- Parliamentary form of Government.
- Unique blend of rigidity and flexibility.
- Fundamental Rights.
- Directive Principles of State policy (DPSP)
- A federation with strong centralising tendency.
- Adult Suffrage.
- An Independent Judiciary.