Asked by: Margarete Vilcusports sailing
What are the ranks on a ship?
Last Updated: 26th April, 2020
- Chief Mate (also called Chief Officer)
- Second Mate (also called Second Officer)
- Third Mate (also called Third Officer)
- Deck Cadet.
- Chief Engineer.
- Second Engineer.
- Third Engineer.
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, what is the highest rank on a ship?
Flag officers These are the highest ranks. Promotion to arank above OF-9 is now rare and usually reserved forwartime. Fleet admiral is an example of such arank.
Furthermore, what is the rank below captain on a ship? In the U.S. Navy a commodore is ranked above acaptain and below a rear admiral; the designation hasusually been used only in wartime. Outside the navies, the masterof any vessel is addressed as captain, and the term isusually applied as a courtesy to marine pilots.
Beside this, what are the ranks on a pirate ship?
Who Is Who - Pirate Ranks on Ship
- Roles and Positions on Pirate Ship - Meet the Pirate Crew!
- Captain. People usually think that the most pirate Captainscommanded by an iron fist, but in most cases, it was not true.
- First Mate.
- Sailing Master.
- Powder Monkey.
What are the ranks in merchant navy?
Merchant Navy IMU CET
- The Engine Department. Chief Engineer. Second Engineer/FirstAssistant Engineer. Third Engineer/ Second Assistant Engineer.Fourth Engineer/ Third Assistant Engineer. Fifth Engineer/ EngineCadet.
- The Catering Department. Chief Cook. Trainee Cook.Steward.