Asked by: Amma Hehndelbusiness and finance environmental services industry
What are the three objectives of social forestry?
Last Updated: 2nd March, 2020
- Increasing Forest Area and Restoring Ecological Balance:This is achieved through:
- Meeting Basic Rural Needs:
- Ensuring Better Land Use:
- Generation of Employment:
- Controlling Pollution:
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, people ask, what are the objective of social forestry?
Social forestry refers to the management andprotection of forests and afforestation on barren lands withthe purpose of helping in the environmental, social andrural development. The term was first used in India in 1976 by theNational Commission on Agriculture, Government ofIndia.
Also Know, what are benefits of forests? The benefits provided by forest ecosystemsinclude:
- goods such as timber, food, fuel and bioproducts.
- ecological functions such as carbon storage, nutrient cycling,water and air purification, and maintenance of wildlifehabitat.
- social and cultural benefits such as recreation, traditionalresource uses and spirituality.
Similarly, you may ask, what are the objectives of agroforestry?
6) One of the main objectives of Agroforestry isto raise the production of food crops, legumes and tuber to meetthe rapidly growing food requirements of the Indian population. 7)Agroforestry aims at promoting production of, vegetables,pulses, milk and meat.
What do you understand by social forestry?
Social forestry means the management andprotection of forests and afforestation on barren lands withthe purpose of helping in the environmental, social andrural development. The term, social forestry, was first usedin India in 1976 by The National Commission on Agriculture,Government of India.