Asked by: Nikte Cotillasports basketball
What are the tricks in basketball?
Last Updated: 15th March, 2020
6 Basketball Moves You Need to Beat Any Defender
- Crossover Dribble.
- Through the Legs Dribble.
- Behind the Back Dribble.
- Hesitation Dribble.
- In-and-Out Dribble.
- Spin Move.
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, what are three types of shots in basketball?
Here are a few commonly used types of shootinginbasketball.
- Jump Shot. A jump shot is most frequently used for a midtolong-range shots, including shooting beyond the arc.
- Hook Shot. A hook shot is when the shot is made while yourbodyis not directly facing the basket.
- Free Throw.
- Slam Dunk.
Beside above, how do you dribble a basketball? How to Dribble a Basketball
- Keep your head up and your eyes on the game. Don't look attheball.
- Extend your arm and snap your wrists to send the ball intotheground.
- Use your fingers, not your palm, to control the ball.
- Do not bounce the ball too high while dribbling.
- Use your body and your non-dribbling arm to shield the ballfromdefenders.
Similarly one may ask, what is a post move?
To "post up" is to establish a position in thelowpost, the area near the basket below the foul line,usuallyin order to take advantage of a smaller defender. Theoffensiveplayer usually faces away from the basket, so that hisbody canprotect the ball from the defender.
What is a basketball shot called?
In basketball, a field goal is a basket scoredonany shot or tap other than a free throw, worth two orthreepoints depending on the distance of the attempt from thebasket.One type of field goal is called a slamdunk.