Asked by: Albertus Schroerspersonal finance credit cards
What are valid forms of ID in the UK?
Last Updated: 14th June, 2020
- Current valid (signed) full EU Passport.
- Current valid (signed) non EU Passport.
- Current valid National ID card (non UKNationals)
- Current Full2 UK Driving Licence.
- Current UK / EU Photocard Driving Licence1with Counterpart.
- Current Firearms/Shotgun Certificate.
- Current State Pension notification letter.
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, what can you use as ID in the UK?
Acceptable forms of ID to prove you are over 18include:
- A photo driving licence.
- A passport.
- A proof of age card, such as the PASS card from the nationalProof of Age Standards Scheme.
Also, what can I use as proof of ID?
- The following forms of proof of place of residence areaccepted:
- Utility company bills.
- Bank statement.
- Photographic ID.
- Tax assessment.
- Certificate of voter registration.
- Correspondence from a government authority regarding thereceipt of benefits.
- Mortgage statement.
In this way, what is a valid form of ID?
Identity documents in the United States. Identitydocuments in the United States are typically the regionalstate-issued driver's license or identity card, while also theSocial Security card (or just the Social Security number) and theUnited States Passport Card may serve as nationalidentification.
Does UK have ID cards?
Therefore, driving licences, particularly the photocarddriving licence introduced in 1998, along with passports, are nowthe most widely used ID documents in the UnitedKingdom. Nobody in the UK is required to carry any formof ID.