Asked by: Meg Jessyhome and garden interior decorating
What can I put instead of curtains?
Last Updated: 12th May, 2020
- Shutters. Shutters, or blinds as they are commonly known, is possibly the best alternative to curtains you can have at your home.
- Rolling Screens.
- Stained Glass.
- Build Shelves around the Windows.
- Wood Panelling.
- Dotted Shades.
- Frosting Spray.
- Use Artwork.
Click to see full answer.
Also know, how do you cover a window without a curtain?
Covering Windows with Shutters. Mount panel shutters over your windows to block visibility at night. Shutters are a common alternative to curtains and blinds. The horizontal slats allow partial visibility, and you can open or close the shutters depending on the time of day and intensity of the natural outdoor light.
Likewise, how can I cover my windows cheaply? Here are some awesome, easy, and budget friendly ways you can turn your blank window spaces stylish.
- Decorate Windows With Zebra Striped Cornices.
- Create Bamboo Roman Shades.
- Add Fabric to Drop Cloth Curtains.
- Use Napkin Rings as Drapery Ties.
- Make a Curved Cornice Board.
- Make Seasonal Curtains From Tablecloths.
Accordingly, is it OK not to have curtains?
The answer is when the room doesn't want it or need it. When the ROOM doesn't warrant it. Having said all that, it's your home, it's your space and it needs to be your vibe. If curtains aren't your thing, then by all means, don't hang them.
What can I put on my window for privacy?
Privacy is important, especially in bathrooms, and homeowners should take the time to choose appropriate window treatments to achieve the amount of privacy that they desire.
- Window Film.
- Exterior Window Privacy Screens.
- Interior Shutters.
- Textured Glass (also known as Frosted Glass Windows)