Asked by: Zaida Perrifood and drink barbecues and grilling
What can I use in place of tomato sauce in chili?
Last Updated: 6th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, what can I use instead of tomato sauce in chili?
Here are a couple options to try.
- Ketchup: Use one cup of ketchup in place of one cup oftomatosauce. Add spices to tweak the flavor as needed.
- Tomato Soup: Add a 10 3/4-ounce can of tomato soup. Then,cutone of the wet ingredients in the recipe back by 1/4 cup toaccountfor the extra liquid.
One may also ask, can I use crushed tomatoes instead of tomato sauce in chili? Tomato sauce is a more concentratedtomatoflavor source than chopped or crushed tomatoes,but there isnot reason why you can't substitute them- keeping inmind that you may end up with more liquid in yourchili byusing whole tomatoes.
Regarding this, what can I use in place of tomato sauce?
To substitute tomato paste for one cupoftomato sauce, mix ¾ cup tomato paste with1cup water and then season with salt, if needed. Onecansubstitute canned tomatoes for the saucebyblending 1 cup canned, stewed tomatoes with water untilitreaches a smooth consistency. Tomato juice is agoodsauce substitute.
What is the best secret ingredient for chili?
10 Secret Chili Ingredients
- Honey and Dry Sherry. Try a tablespoon or two of honey inyourchili for a natural sweetness.
- Cornmeal. Mix in a few tablespoons of cornmeal to thickenchiliand add a polenta touch.
- Carbonated Soda and Chocolate. Pour in a bit of bubbly for afunaddition to chili and a clean crisp taste.
- Lime Juice.