Asked by: Pantaleona Erdociamedical health foot health
What can you do for a jammed toe?
Last Updated: 18th January, 2020
- Rest. Stop using your toe, lie down, and let your bodyrecover.
- Ice. Use ice to numb the pain and reduce swelling.
- Compression. Wrap your toe, or the entire end of yourfoot and toes, with an elastic bandage to provide supportand keep swelling under control.
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, how long does it take for a jammed toe to heal?
about three to six weeks
Beside above, when should you go to the doctor for a stubbed toe? See a doctor if: the toe is very swollen.the pain is severe and does not go away after several hours.it is difficult to walk or to put weight on the foot.
Thereof, what can a doctor do for a broken toe?
If you can walk on it without pain or limping, itprobably is not broken. If so, try icing the injury andtaking an over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication, Dr. Kingsays. However, if severe pain or swelling persists, see adoctor. Other clues to a broken toe include swelling,discoloration and bruising.
How do you know if you have broken your toe?
Signs and symptoms your toe may be brokeninclude:
- Pain or tenderness.
- Blood under the toenail or broken toenail.
- Bruises or discoloration of the skin around the toe.
- The toe may appear abnormal, and may even look bent or deformedif the broken bone is out of place.