Asked by: Jiasheng Jubeliusfood and drink world cuisines
What can you do with leftover pickle juice?
Last Updated: 30th May, 2020
- Seriously, though, make an adult slushie…
- … or a dirty martini.
- Use it as a brine or marinade.
- Add it to the mayo in a summer potato salad.
- …or use it in your homemade mayo mix.
- Make it the secret ingredient in pimento cheese.
- Substitute for vinegar in dressings.
- Feeling achy? Do a shot.
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, what can I do with leftover pickling liquid?
Check out our list of interesting ways to useleftoverpickle juice, some might just surprise you!
- Re-pickle it.
- Tenderize meat.
- A vinegar substitute.
- 4. Make Dill Pickle Bread.
- Boil potatoes in it.
- 6. Make pickle popsicles.
- Use it as a post-workout drink.
- Use it as a cleaning agent.
Beside above, can I put cucumbers in leftover pickle juice? To make quick pickles from leftoverbrine,toss cucumber slices in a colander with salt (11/2teaspoons per pound of cucumbers) and let them sit for1hour; then transfer them to a jar. Seal the jar and refrigeratethepickles for 24 hours before eating. The picklescanbe kept for up to two weeks.
is it OK to reuse pickle juice?
Never Reuse Pickling Brine To Can A New BatchofPickles First, you cannot reuse pickling brine tomakemore canned pickles. Always preserve yourcannedpickled vegetables with freshly made brinethat'smade based on an approved recipe. Making home cannedpickleswith reused pickle brine isunsafe.
Can you pour pickle juice down the drain?
10 reasons why you should never dumppicklejuice down the drain. Pickles are delicious—juicy, briny and sour. Turns out pickle juiceactually has aton of uses, so when you've finished withthepickles, put the jar back in the fridge.