Asked by: Chelsie Shefalifood and drink vegetarian diets
What can you do with whey from making yogurt?
Last Updated: 13th February, 2020
- Culture foods. Using the methods in NourishingTraditions,you can use whey to ferment all sortsoffoods…
- Soak grains. We soak our oatmeal and weekly batchesofbread, and now we'll be doing it with whey.
- Soak beans.
- Soak nuts.
- Make pizza dough.
- Make bread.
- Stick it in smoothies.
- Condition your face.
Click to see full answer.
Thereof, what can you do with whey from yogurt?
18 Ways to Use Whey, a By-Product of Greek Yogurt
- Do you feel like this?
- Thanks to you:
- Substitute whey for other liquids when baking.
- Add whey to protein shakes.
- Lacto-fermented veggies and fruits.
- Use for soaking whole wheat flours.
- Keep feta cheese fresh.
- Whey makes excellent sauerkraut, fermented bean dip,beets,etc.
Secondly, why does my homemade yogurt have so much whey? Culturing yogurt for too long,attoo high a temperature, or with an unreliable orcompromisedstarter culture can cause yogurt toseparate or turnlumpy. If your yogurt turns lumpy, strain itto remove thewhey, then beat the yogurt solids in abowl with awhisk until it turns smooth.
In this manner, is the whey in yogurt good for you?
The thing is, acid whey is useful, wholesome,andtasty—if the yogurt you buy has a bit of wateryliquidat the top, that's the whey. Simply stir it in. It hasthesame probiotics that yogurt does and it's agoodsource of calcium. Acid whey can be refreshing asa colddrink, or useful as a brine or marinade.
What can you do with kefir whey?
Uses for Extra Kefir Whey
- Add kefir whey to your smoothies for extra protein.
- Make Cultured Veggies!
- Use as a stain remover.
- Kefir Whey Facial Toner Kefir has a soothing effect on theskinwhen used as a facial toner.
- Lemon Juice replacement.
- Make Kefir Soda!
- For pets!
- Do a shot!