Asked by: Alphonse V'Yunhealthy living weight loss
What can you not eat on South Beach Diet Phase 1?
Last Updated: 25th June, 2020
- grains, fruits, beans/legumes and sugary drinks, in-
- cluding alcohol, and limit diet sodas and other artifi-
- cially. sweetened beverages. You'll also limit dairy foods.
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, what can you eat on South Beach Diet Phase 1?
Phase 1: Foods to Include
- Lean beef, pork, lamb, veal and game.
- Skinless chicken and turkey breast.
- Fish and shellfish.
- Turkey bacon and pepperoni.
- Eggs and egg whites.
- Soy-based meat substitutes.
- Low-fat hard cheese, ricotta cheese and cottage cheese.
Likewise, what kind of food do you eat on the South Beach Diet? You focus on eating lean protein, such as seafood, skinless poultry, lean beef and soy products. You can also eat high-fiber vegetables, low-fat dairy and foods with healthy, unsaturated fats, including avocados, nuts and seeds.
Furthermore, what foods are not allowed on the South Beach Diet?
- No fruit is allowed until phase two.
- Starches such as pasta, rice or bread are discouraged in phase one.
- Whole grains and sugary foods are off-limits in phase one.
- Alcohol is forbidden in phase one – wine and beer have carbs; all drinks have calories.
Why the South Beach diet is bad?
As Agatston outlines in his book, the long-term effects of following the South Beach Diet — beyond just losing weight — include lowering your cholesterol, along with your risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and even some cancers.