Asked by: Yaxuan Abbrechtfood and drink barbecues and grilling
What can you substitute for whiskey in a recipe?
Last Updated: 5th April, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, what can replace alcohol in a recipe?
The Best Alcohol Substitutes for Cooking
- Risotto. Instead of white wine, try … lemon juice.
- Au Poivre Sauce. Instead of cognac, try peach, apricot or pearnectar.
- Marinade. Instead of mirin or sake, try … ricevinegar.
- Fondue. Instead of kirsch, try … black cherry juice orsyrup.
- Frying Batter.
- Pan Sauce.
- Baked Sweets.
Beside above, can I substitute rum for whiskey in a recipe? OR Scotch (especially for sipping) OR cognac(especially for cooking) OR rum OR Substituteone part vanilla extract plus two parts water for each tablespoonof bourbon. dark rum = Jamaican rum Notes: Darkrum has a strong molasses flavor, and it's much heavier thanwhite or amber rums.
Also to know is, what can be used in place of bourbon?
Substitute for Bourbon OR -1 teaspoon rum or brandy extract plus 1 1/2tablespoons of sparkling apple cider, sparkling cranberry juice orsparkling grape juice.
What can be used instead of cooking wine?
This article discusses 11 non-alcoholic substitutes forwine in cooking.
- Red and White Wine Vinegar. Share on Pinterest.
- Pomegranate Juice. Pomegranate juice is a beverage with a rich,fruity flavor.
- Cranberry Juice.
- Ginger Ale.
- Red or White Grape Juice.
- Chicken, Beef or Vegetable Stock.
- Apple Juice.
- Lemon Juice.