Asked by: Min Zschockestyle and fashion bath and shower
What can you use to clean linoleum floors?
Last Updated: 19th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Beside this, how do you take care of a linoleum floor?
Here's how to do it:
- Sweep or vacuum floor thoroughly.
- Mix S-485 Armstrong Flooring Commercial Floor Cleaner with recommended amount of cool water per instructions, or use Armstrong Flooring Multi-Surface Floor Cleaner Spray (Fresh Linen Scent only).
- Wash with a lightly dampened mop.
- Allow floor to dry.
Also, can you use vinegar on linoleum? To clean linoleum with vinegar, start with dirt- and dust-free floors. Damp-mop the floor using the vinegar cleaning solution. You don't want your mop to be soaking wet as the moisture can damage the linoleum. Wring out most of the water so your mop is just damp.
Considering this, how do you remove stains from linoleum floors?
Vinegar and Baking Soda
- Saturate any stains on the linoleum with full-strength white vinegar. Allow it to sit for 15 minutes.
- Wipe the vinegar with a cloth. If the stains are still noticeable, apply more vinegar and sprinkle a layer of baking soda on top of it.
- Scrub the stains with a damp sponge or scrub brush.
How do I get my linoleum floor shiny?
- Sweep or vacuum the floor to remove all loose dirt and dust.
- Mix 1 cup of ammonia and 1/2 gallon of warm water in a gallon-size bucket.
- Apply the cleaning solution to the floor with a mop or sponge.
- Scrub the linoleum with a nylon brush or scouring pad to remove the wax from the linoleum.