Asked by: Yackeline Tieresmedical health eye and vision conditions
What do the measurements on glasses mean?
Last Updated: 9th May, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Besides, how do I know my glasses Size?
Glasses Frame Measurements – Finding The RightFit
- The lens diameter is the width of the lens (in mm), measuredfrom the bridge. It can be a matter of personal choice, but it'salso determined by your frame style.
- The bridge width is the gap above your nose between thelenses.
- The length of the side is usually one of three standards– 135, 140 or 145mm.
Additionally, how do you measure a bridge for glasses? To measure your eyeglasses, you'll need a ruler withmillimeter markings.
- The frame width is the horizontal front of the glasses from oneoutside corner of the frame to the other.
- The lens height is the vertical height of the lens in theglasses.
- The bridge is the small area that rests on the bridge of yournose.
Thereof, how do you measure your face for glasses?
Hold the ruler horizontally across your face andbelow your eyes. Measure the distance between leftand right temples. Record the measurement in millimeters.Use your temple-to-temple width to find the total width ofyour glasses.
How do you determine your frame size?
Wrap your thumb and middle finger around thesmallest part of your wrist. If they overlap, you are smallframed. If they touch, you are medium framed. If you can barely getthem to touch or they are not touching, you have a largeframe.