Asked by: Monina Rumelemedical health sexual conditions
What do you talk about with your doctor?
Last Updated: 22nd May, 2020
- Write down a list of questions and concerns beforeyour appointment.
- Consider bringing a close friend or family member withyou.
- Take notes about what the doctor says, or ask afriend or family member to take notes for you.
Click to see full answer.
Also know, is everything you say to a doctor confidential?
Confidential care means that your medicaltreatment stays between you and your doctor —you don't have to get a parent's permission. Mostdoctors agree to keep things confidential unlessthey feel their patient is either in danger or is a dangerto others — in these cases, the doctor must inform theteen's parents.
Likewise, can doctors tell your parents things? Most health care providers keep their clients'information confidential. Specific laws about what doctorshave to tell your parents can vary from state to state. Andfor one reason or another, doctors can always decide toinform parents if they believe it is in the best interest oftheir patient.
Likewise, why is it important to talk to your doctor about STDS?
1. STIs, including HIV. It's veryimportant to learn how to protect yourself againstSTIs, especially if you're a man who has sexwith other men. STIs can have serious healthconsequences, like developing diseases such as cancer andAIDS.
How do I get the most out of my doctor visit?
Use these health organizing tips to prepare yourself oryour loved one for your next doctor's visit.
- Determine What You Want Out of the Appointment.
- Gather Your Medical Information.
- List Your Symptoms.
- Empower Yourself With Knowledge.
- Write Down Specific Questions You Want to Ask.
- 6. Make a Contact List.