Asked by: Domnino Hornbosteltravel australia and oceania travel
What does banter mean in Australia?
Last Updated: 10th April, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, what does banter mean on tinder?
BANTER means "Playful, witty chat" So now you know - BANTER means "Playful, witty chat" - don't thank us.
Furthermore, what is a playful banter? Banter is both a noun and a verb about talking. It comes from unknown origins, but even as a word, it seems to be playful and teasing. You can engage in banter with friends, siblings, parents, and even good-natured strangers. Banter usually ends with everyone feeling better for the talk and verbal play.
Regarding this, what are common Australian phrases?
Useful Australian Phrases
- A. Ace! – Excellent!
- B. Barbie – Barbecue (noun) Bathers – Swimming costume.
- C. Chewiev – Chewing gum. Chokkie – Chocolate.
- D. Dag – A funny person. Derro – A local teenager.
- E. Esky – Large insulated food/drink container for picnics / barbecues. Exy – Expensive.
- F. Fair dinkum – True, genuine.
- G. G'Day – Hello!
- H. Hooroo – Goodbye.
How do Australians say hello?
If you're really stuck but want to seem as though you're beginning to learn some of the local Australia language – the lingo if you will, always say hello by saying “G'day” and always add “mate” to the end of every sentence.