Asked by: Katya Vivantimusic and audio reggae
What does boo mean in Jamaican?
Last Updated: 31st May, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, what does B mean in Jamaican slang?
Meaning/Description: boss, sometimes used like the North American slang “bro” or “Chief” 1.
Likewise, what do you call Jamaicans? Jamaican Patois, known locally as Patois (Patwa or Patwah) and called Jamaican Creole by linguists, is an English-based creole language with West African influences (a majority of loan words of Akan origin) spoken primarily in Jamaica and among the Jamaican diaspora; it is spoken by the majority of Jamaicans as a
Herein, what is Bubu mean?
Definition for bubu (2 of 2) a long, loose-fitting, brightly colored garment worn by both sexes in parts of Africa.
How do you say boss in Jamaican?
JAMAICA DICTIONARY – B
- baas: boss, sometimes used like the North American slang “bro” or “Chief”
- babylon: police, any establishment.
- back-aff: back off, take off.
- backa: behind.
- Batchidally: See Skettel.
- backative: backing, support, buy in.
- bak chat: back talk.
- backside or baxside: bottom or buttocks, used as a curse term.