Asked by: Kaiet Busomshome and garden interior decorating
What does French country furniture look like?
Last Updated: 15th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, people ask, how do I look like a French country?
- Choose warm, subtle colors. The French country aesthetic is almost in direct opposition to some of the ultra-modern style we've discussed in the past.
- Look for furniture with flowing lines.
- Embrace weathered finishes.
- Add pops of Old World charm.
One may also ask, what are French country colors? Some popular colors that work really well in French Country decorating are: green, blue, pink, red, and yellow. Any of these colors can mix well in a variety of shades.
People also ask, what are the elements of French country design?
Rusted metal furniture, lighting fixtures, and furniture give warm color and wonderful lines as well. Typical of French Country interiors are pieces with contrasting texture and color.
- Sunny yellow and soft gold.
- Fiery red and burnt rust.
- Bright grass green and dark hunter green.
- Cobalt blue and soft ocean tones.
What is French style decor?
This style is all about natural materials, muted colors, toile fabrics, extravagant lighting, touches of gold, tapestries, and more—all with a rustic touch.