Asked by: Naum Tursihobbies and interests paranormal phenomena
What does the suffix logy mean in Greek?
Last Updated: 20th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this regard, what is the meaning of logy in biology?
Logy is defined as a particular branchorfield. An example of logy used as a suffix is in thewordbiology, the study of living matter.
Furthermore, what words end with logy? List of Words Ending With 'logy'
- eulogy. oology.
- analogy. apology. biology. ecology. enology. geology.
- aerology. agrology. algology. antilogy. apiology.areology.
- aetiology. anthology. astrology. audiology.cosmology.ethnology.
- angelology. archeology. autecology. balneology.bibliology.cardiology.
- aerobiology. amphibology. archaeology.campanology.climatology.
Also know, what does the suffix logy mean in medical terms?
Suffix meaning 1. The study of the subjectnotedin the body of the word, or a treatise on the same; theEnglishequivalent is -logy, or, with a connecting vowel,-ology [G.logos, discourse, treatise]. 2.
What are the types of logy?
Terms in this set (26)
- -logy. the study of.
- anthropology. the study of human societiesandcivilizations.
- archeology. the study of past human history.
- astrology. the study of how the stars and planets affecthumanemotions.
- biology. the study of living organisms.
- cardiology. the study of the heart.