Asked by: Susan Leriasreligion and spirituality hinduism
What does the word Omni?
Last Updated: 17th May, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, what is mean by Omni?
omni- a combining form meaning “all,” used in the formation of compound words: omnifarious; omnipotence; omniscient.
One may also ask, is Omni a prefix or suffix? Omni is Latin and is defined as all. An example of omni used as a prefix is in the word omniscience which means all knowing.
Consequently, is Omni Greek or Latin?
omni. The ROOT-WORD is MONI which comes from the Latin omnis meaning ALL. It is really an OMNIbus of a word, for everything can be tacked on to it. The humor of saying English words with a Latin ending, like No.
What are all the Omni words?
Explore the Words
- omnibus. a vehicle carrying many passengers.
- omnifarious. of all varieties or forms or kinds.
- omnipotence. the state of having unlimited power.
- omnipotent. having unlimited power.
- omnipresence. the state of being everywhere at once.
- omnipresent. existing everywhere at once.