Asked by: Rudesindo Bairovtechnology and computing computer networking
What equipment do I need for DSL Internet service?
Last Updated: 1st February, 2020
- Phone Line. DSL is a service of yourtelephoneservice provider, and it works through yourhome'slandline.
- DSL Modem. You will need to connect yourcomputerto a DSL modem, which the phone company will provideas partof your DSL service package.
- Line Filter and Splitter.
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, what are the equipment required for Internet connection?
To connect to the Internet you need the followingfourthings:
- A computer.
- A modem and telephone line (if you are using dialupaccess)
- An Internet browser (software) and software to connect youtothe ISP.
- An account with an Internet Service Provider(ISP)Souvenirs.
Additionally, will a regular phone cord work for DSL? If you place filters on the phone cordthatconnects directly to the DSL modem, the latterwillnot work, stripping out the Internet signal fromthephone to the modem. Electronics shops oftencarrymicrofilters; however, in most cases, your DSLserviceprovider or your phone company can provide oneforyou.
Then, do you need DSL for wireless Internet?
However, you won't be able to connect totheInternet unless the wireless router hasanInternet connection. Therefore, you need a cableorDSL modem provided by your ISP. Once youhaveconnected your cable or DSL modem to yourwirelessrouter, your wireless Internet setup isalmostcomplete.
What is the difference between a modem and a router?
The difference between a modem and a routeristhat a modem connects to the internet, while arouterconnects devices to Wi-Fi. It's easy to get the twodevices mixedup if your internet service provider (ISP) rents bothto you aspart of an internet package.