Asked by: Loretta Seberpets fish and aquariums
What fish can I put in a 15 gallon tank?
Last Updated: 7th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Besides, what can I put in a 15 gallon tank?
- Guppies (active live bearing fish, males have vibrant colors)
- Tetras (schooling fish which come in a wide variety of colors)
- Danios (hardy and lively schooling fish)
- Barbs (lively, easy to care for schooling fish)
- Dwarf Corydoras (gentle bottom dwelling fish)
One may also ask, how many cichlids can I put in a 15 gallon tank? Cichlids in a 15 gallon! I was shocked today to go into my psychiatrist's office and see a 15 gal . tank with SIX cichlids in it! They are all about 2.5-3" long, the biggest being slightly larger.
Additionally, how many fish can you put in a 15 gallon tank?
Basically, it equates to approximately 1 inch of fish per gallon. But it's not always that easy, you can see my thoughts on that here to see what I really think. That said, you should be able to fit about 10-15 small fish in your tank at first and as the tank matures and you get better at fish keeping.
How many dwarf Gouramis can be in a 15 gallon tank?
in 15 gallons you should probably stick to 1 dwarf.