Asked by: Krastina Zubeaguirrefood and drink cooking
What foods can you cook in a rice cooker?
Last Updated: 29th June, 2020
- Rice, obviously. Shutterstock. Yes, of course, youcan make rice in a rice cooker, but this Mexicanrice isn't your run-of-the-mill steamed whiterice.
- Quinoa and more. Shutterstock.
- Pancakes. Shutterstock.
- Eggs. Shutterstock.
- Soup. Shutterstock.
- Applesauce. Shutterstock.
- Cakes. Shutterstock.
- Land, air, and sea. Shutterstock.
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, what else can be cooked in a rice cooker?
5 New Cooking Uses for Your Rice Cooker
- 1. Make a hot breakfast. To make oatmeal or other hot cereals,add a little less milk or water than you would for stovetop cooking(and some chopped nuts and dried fruit if you want).
- Steam vegetables.
- 3. Make risotto without stirring.
- Slow-cook soups, beans, or stews.
- Poach fruit.
Beside above, can beans be cooked in a rice cooker? Combine drained beans and 3 cups water in arice cooker. Cook on the "Porridge" setting, addingmore water if needed, until tender, about 2 hours.
Also know, can a rice cooker be used for anything else?
Rice cookers can cook more than justrice. From cake to pizza, the simple appliance can beused to make meals for any time of day. Rice cookerscan also be used to cook other grains, likebarley or quinoa.
Can you cook other grains in a rice cooker?
Beyond Rice It's easy to explore the more exotic grains likeKamut®, amaranth and te? when their cook-time isentirely self-monitored. In general, when cooking di?erentgrains in a rice cooker, use the grain to liquidratio you would normally use in a pot.