Asked by: Kemal Cubertamedical health diabetes
What fruits and vegetables are high in fructose?
Last Updated: 12th January, 2020
- Fruit and fruit juices: apple, cherry, grape, guava, litchi, mango, melon (honeydew and watermelon), orange, papaya, pear, persimmon, pineapple, quince, star fruit.
- Most dried fruit, including currant, dates, dried fruit or health bars, figs, raisins.
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, what vegetables are high in fructose?
People who have fructose intolerance should limit high-fructose foods, such as juices, apples, grapes, watermelon, asparagus, peas and zucchini. Some lower fructose foods — such as bananas, blueberries, strawberries, carrots, avocados, green beans and lettuce — may be tolerated in limited quantities with meals.
Subsequently, question is, which foods are high in fructose? Here is a list of 20 popular foods that often contain high-fructose corn syrup.
- Soda. Soda is well known for its high sugar content.
- Candy. Candy and candy bars are mostly made of sugar.
- Sweetened Yogurt. Yogurt is often advertised as a healthy snack.
- Salad Dressing.
- Frozen Junk Foods.
- Canned Fruit.
Herein, what fruits are high in fructose?
- Fructose (grams) Apricot. 1 fruit. .33.
- Cantaloupe. 1/2 cup diced. 1.5. Raspberries.
- Plum. 1 fruit. Peach.
- Nectarine. 1 medium. Blackberries.
- Grapefruit. ½ fruit. Pineapple.
- Strawberries. 1/2 cup sliced. Honeydew.
- Orange. 1 fruit. Cherries.
- Blueberries. ½ cup. Higher Fructose - Harder to Tolerate Fruits.
Are Bananas high in fructose?
Bananas and mangos are equally high in fructose, but mangos have less glucose, so they usually cause more problems. Follow guidelines below for fruits, vegetables, and other foods that are friendlier to your intestines. of their high fructose content. These are otherwise healthy foods.