Asked by: Gisele Landechofood and drink world cuisines
What goes well with artichokes for dinner?
Last Updated: 16th May, 2020
- Dairy: melted/drawn butter, cream cheese, goat cheese, sour cream, cream sauces, Parmesan cheese, and feta cheese.
- Produce: spinach, lemon, garlic, onion, avocado, eggplant, sundried tomatoes, shallots, potatoes and arugula.
- Herbs & Spices: olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme, lemon pepper, and basil.
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, what do you eat with steamed artichokes?
Serve the steamed artichokes warm, at room temperature, or chilled with one of these tasty sauces.
- 01 of 06. Aioli (Garlic Mayonnaise) Aioli.
- 02 of 06. Green Olive Dip.
- 03 of 06. Romesco Sauce.
- 04 of 06. Toasted Cumin Yogurt Dip.
- Creamy Tarragon Sauce. (Roger Stowell/Getty Images)
- 06 of 06. Melted Butter.
Additionally, are artichokes in season right now? While California artichokes are available throughout the year, peak season is March through May and again to a smaller degree in October.
Accordingly, can you eat the leaves of an artichoke?
It's simple really: You peel off a petal, then scrape off the tender portion at the tip with your teeth. The heart is also edible. The other parts of the artichoke -- the actual leaves, the hairy stuff at the bottom, the stem, etc. -- should never in any circumstances be eaten.
What part of artichoke is poisonous?
Peeled and cooked artichoke stems are fully edible. Eating the hairy choke can cause a choking hazard. Baby artichokes are completely edible. Enjoy both the leaves and choke.