Asked by: Melvina Rosatohobbies and interests candle and soap making
What is a blue label fire extinguisher?
Last Updated: 19th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, what is a blue fire extinguisher used for?
Dry Powder & Dry Special Powder – Blue Powder fire extinguishers are fairly versatile and suitable for use against a variety of different types of fires. The powder inside the extinguisher prevents the chemical reactions happening that occur inside the fire, to stop it from spreading.
Similarly, what are the Colour codes for fire extinguishers? Fire extinguisher colour coding
- Water fire extinguishers are colour coded red.
- Foam fire extinguishers are colour coded in cream.
- Powder fire extinguishers are colour coded with blue.
- Carbon dioxide fire extinguishers are colour coded with black.
Also Know, which fire extinguisher is indicated with a blue label?
Dry powder fire extinguishers are red with a blue label. Like foam, the non-combustible powder smothers the fire.
What are the 4 types of fire extinguishers?
There are four classes of fire extinguishers – A, B, C and D – and each class can put out a different type of fire.
- Class A extinguishers will put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as wood and paper.
- Class B extinguishers are for use on flammable liquids like grease, gasoline and oil.