Asked by: Kewin Schimmelpennigpets birds
What is a companion bird?
Last Updated: 2nd March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Thereof, what is the best companion bird?
8 Most Popular Companion Birds as Pets
- 01 of 08. Parakeet/Budgie. Paul Bricknell / Getty Images.
- 02 of 08. Cockatiel. Leonid Shkurikhin / Getty Images.
- 03 of 08. Finch. Auscape / Getty Images.
- 04 of 08. Lovebird.
- Monk Parakeet. The monk parakeet or quaker is actually a small parrot.
- 06 of 08. Dove.
- 07 of 08. Parrotlet.
- 08 of 08. African Gray Parrot.
Furthermore, what birds are good for apartments?
- Parrotlets. These guys are some of the smallest members of the parrot family, and they are so full of energy.
- Pionus Parrots. If you have something of a larger apartment, members of the Pionus species are known for being rather quiet.
- Meyer's Parrots.
- Budgerigars (Budgies)
Also asked, do birds need companion?
Some birds need the companionship of others, but birds such as the psitticine do fine as the only bird, as long as their humans pay enough attention to them. Parrots are flock animals, and their humans are their flock. The only exception to the rule is the Lovebird.
Do lovebirds need a companion?
Contrary to popular myth and legend, lovebirds do not have to be kept in pairs to lead happy lives, nor will they die if they are parted from their mate (though most will certainly miss the company). Lovebirds can be very aggressive and will kill another lovebird if they do not want it in THEIR cage!