Asked by: Merced Serralheiroscience space and astronomy
What is a custom dimension?
Last Updated: 30th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, what are custom dimensions in Google Analytics?
Every Google Analytics report contains two types of data: dimensions and metrics. Dimensions are attributes of your website visitors and metrics are quantitative measurements of dimensions. In a tabular Google Analytics report, dimensions are shown in rows and metrics in the columns.
Also Know, how do you create a dimension? To create a dimension:
- Expand the folder for the analytic workspace.
- Right-click Dimensions, then choose Create Dimension from the pop-up menu. The Create Dimension dialog box is displayed.
- Complete all tabs. Click Help for specific information about your choices.
- Click Create.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do I create a custom dimension in Google Analytics?
Set up custom dimensions
- Sign in to Google Analytics.
- Click Admin, and navigate to the property to which you want to add custom dimensions.
- In the PROPERTY column, click Custom Definitions > Custom Dimensions.
- Click New Custom Dimension.
- Add a Name.
- Select the Scope.
What is the difference between metric and dimension?
Metric is a number. It is a Count (a total or a sum), an average, or a Ratio (one number divided by another number). Metrics are measurable. Dimension is an attribute of a visitor to your website – where they came from, their location, how many pages they viewed, etc.