Asked by: Luise Prolfood and drink desserts and baking
What is a good substitute for yogurt in smoothies?
Last Updated: 28th February, 2020
- Using Yogurt Substitutes. The best way to choose ayogurtsubstitute is to start with your other ingredientsfirst.
- Non-Dairy Yogurts. Non-dairy yogurts have been popping upallover the place lately, with soy or almond milk as a base insteadofdairy.
- Chia Seeds.
- Nut Butter.
- Nutritional Powders.
Click to see full answer.
Considering this, what is a good substitute for yogurt?
Here are the best substitutes for Greek yogurt that youmayalready have on hand.
- Sour Cream. PIN IT.
- Cottage Cheese. Cottage cheese often gets a bad rap becauseofits tapioca-like consistency.
- Buttermilk. Buttermilk is the liquid left after butter hasbeenchurned.
- Cream Cheese. PIN IT.
- Avocado. PIN IT.
- Plain Yogurt.
Additionally, what can I replace milk with in a smoothie? Perk up a peanut butter smoothie with soymilkand Greek yogurt.
1. Sweet Banana Almond Dream Smoothie
- 2 bananas.
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened almond milk.
- 2 tablespoons rolled oats.
- 1 tablespoon almond butter.
- 1 cup ice cubes.
Also to know is, what kind of yogurt do you use for smoothies?
You need a cup of plain, vanilla-flavored,orother fruity-flavored yogurt, depending on yourpreference.Get either whole milk or skim milk yogurt. Themore fat theyogurt has, the thicker and richer thesmoothie willtaste.
What can I use instead of a banana in a smoothie?
If you're allergic to bananas (or just can't standthetaste), some great banana substitutes are:
- Chia seeds.
- Fresh dates.
- Nut Butters.
- Unsweetened applesauce.
- Avocado (won't add the sweetness, but will definitely addthethick and creamy texture)