Asked by: Tommie Ganslmeiertechnology and computing smartphones
What is a SmartThings device handler?
Last Updated: 6th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, how do I use SmartThings device handler?
Install the Device Handlers Manually
- Go to My Device Handlers and click Create New DeviceHandler.
- Click on the From Code tab on the Create New Device Handlerscreen.
- Click here for the Device Handler source code on GitHub.
- Click on a Device Handler source code .groovy file.
Additionally, how do I change the device handler in SmartThings? Go to the "My Devices" tab, and click the name ofthe device you want to edit. Scroll all the way downand click "Edit." Select the drop-down under "Type" andchoose the correct device handler. Click"Update".
Consequently, how do you write SmartThings device handler?
Device Handler Installation Procedure
- Within the SmartThings IDE, click on 'My Device Handlers'.
- Click the '+ Create New Device Handler' button.
- Select the 'From Code' tab and paste in the contents of therelevant groovy file.
- Click 'Create'.
- Click 'Publish' (For Me).
What is IDE in SmartThings?
The SmartThings IDE (Integrated DevelopmentEnvironment) provides SmartThings developers with a set oftools to manage their SmartThings account, and build andpublish custom SmartApps and Device Handlers. Account Managment.Editor and Simulator. Logging.