Asked by: Bouabdallah Coronhoautomotive budget cars
What is a straight line sander used for?
Last Updated: 9th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, what is a straight line sander?
Straight-Line Air Sander The twin-piston design keeps extra power in reserve to prevent stalling and to tackle tough sanding jobs like smoothing down body filler or shaping and leveling large flat surfaces.
Similarly, can I sand my car with an orbital sander? Sanding removes the top layer of your car's paint using abrasive materials. Depending on the job, sanding can be done with either sand paper or an electric orbital sander, and you'll need to use different grades of paper depending on the task.
Furthermore, is a orbital sander the same as a DA sander?
Random orbital is a dual action (DA) sander. Different companies, different names, both the same.
What sander is best for auto body?
Our Picks for Best Orbital Sander for Auto Body Work
- Ingersoll-Rand 4151-HL Ultra Duty 6-Inch Vacuum Ready Random Orbital Sander with Hook and Loop Pad.
- BLACK+DECKER BDERO100 Random Orbit Sander, 5-Inch.
- ATD Tools 2088 6″ Random Orbital Palm Sander.
- Bosch ROS20VSC Palm Sander – 2.5 Amp 5 in.
- Metabo SXE 450 TurboTec 350 Watt Electronic Disc Sander.