Asked by: Fanor Riaguassports snooker and pool and billiards
What is a table Stringer?
Last Updated: 11th August, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, what is a stretcher on a table?
A stretcher is a horizontal support element of a table, chair or other item of furniture; this structure is normally made of exposed wood and ties vertical elements of the piece together. This term is sometimes referred to as a stretcher beam.
Similarly, how much overhang should a table top have? The standard overhang of a table top is 1-1/2" to 2", which can be seen in the photos above. Again, since this is custom furniture we can accommodate a larger overhang if needed as seen on the table below.
Accordingly, what do you call the legs of a table?
leg – the main vertical piece which supports the top and raises it off the floor. knee – the upper portion of the leg. foot – the bottom part of the leg which touches the floor.
How can I make my table legs stronger?
6 Ways to Make a Stronger Table
- Consider table aprons. The use of mortised legs and tenoned aprons provides additional shear resistance over other attachment methods, due to the interlocking joinery.
- Consider thicker or stronger legs.
- Consider a stretcher base.
- Consider adding legs.
- Consider the attachment method.
- Most importantly, lift, don't drag.