Asked by: Soodia Radoschtechnology and computing shareware and freeware
What is ActiveX control in Internet Explorer?
Last Updated: 16th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this way, what is ActiveX control in IE?
ActiveX is a set of object-orientedprogrammingtechnologies and tools that Microsoft developed forInternetExplorer to facilitate rich media playback.Essentially,Internet Explorer uses the ActiveXsoftware frameworkto load other applications in thebrowser.
what does ActiveX mean? ActiveX is a software framework createdbyMicrosoft that adapts its earlier Component Object Model (COM)andObject Linking and Embedding (OLE) technologies forcontentdownloaded from a network, particularly from the WorldWideWeb.
Similarly, it is asked, where is ActiveX control in Internet Explorer?
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, click the Custom level button.
- Scroll down the Security Settings list until you seeActiveXcontrols and plug-ins.
- For Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls, clickEnable.
How do I use ActiveX controls?
Add an ActiveX control
- On the Developer tab, in the Controls group, click Insert,andthen under ActiveX Controls, select a control, or clickMoreControls to view all the available ActiveX controls, andthenselect a control.
- Click the worksheet location where you want the ActiveXcontrolto appear.