Asked by: Beatris Gorlichtechnology and computing browsers
What is API access in Salesforce?
Last Updated: 1st May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, what is API in Salesforce?
API stands for Application Programming Interface. --> Salesforce provides programmatic access to your organization's information using simple, powerful, and secure application programming interfaces[API's].
Also, how do I connect to Salesforce API? Getting started with Salesforce Connected App
- Enter the Name of the Application.
- Enter Contact Email and any additional information suitable for your application.
- Enable OAuth settings in API section.
- Add Selected OAuth Scopes. Here I'm giving “Full access(full)”.
One may also ask, what is API enabled permission Salesforce?
API access must be enabled on your Salesforce account in order for you to be able to pull data from your reports and display them on Geckoboard. Your Salesforce administrator controls your profile and its permissions.
How do I pull data from Salesforce API?
- Open the Data Loader.
- Click Export.
- Enter your Salesforce username and password, and click Log in.
- When you're logged in, click Next.
- Choose an object.
- Select the CSV file to export the data to.
- Click Next.
- Create a SOQL query for the data export.