Asked by: Iulica Pastreiterbusiness and finance metals industry
What is Australia's biggest export?
Last Updated: 29th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, what are Australia's top exports?
The top exports of Australia are Iron Ore($48.2B), Coal Briquettes ($47B), Gold ($29.1B), Petroleum Gas($20.3B) and Wheat ($4.88B), using the 1992 revision of the HS(Harmonized System) classification.
Also Know, what type of products does Australia mostly export and why? That means minerals including iron ore, coal, gold andnatural gas, as well as agricultural products includingbeef, wool, cotton, chickpeas, lentils, sugar and wine. ButAustralia's third most important export bydollar value is actually a service: education.
Likewise, what are Australia's biggest imports?
Australia's Top 10 Imports
- Machinery including computers: US$31.9 billion (14% of totalimports)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $30.3 billion (13.3%)
- Vehicles: $30.1 billion (13.2%)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $25.6 billion (11.3%)
- Optical, technical, medical apparatus: $8.3 billion (3.7%)
- Pharmaceuticals: $8.2 billion (3.6%)
What does Australia import from Hong Kong?
Hong Kong is an important source of foreigninvestment for Australia. Key Investment sectors includeelectricity supply, natural gas, mining, transport, foodprocessing, port infrastructure, light industry, insurance,engineering, telecommunications and biotechnology.