Asked by: Mireya Hauptmullerbusiness and finance executive leadership and management
What is autocratic behavior?
Last Updated: 2nd May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, what is an example of autocratic leadership?
16 Autocratic Leadership Style Examples. Adolf Hitler, Attila the Hun, Father Junipero Serra, Genghis Khan, King Henry III, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Queen Elizabeth I, these are just some people in the world's political history who demonstrated autocratic leadership.
when should autocratic leadership be used? The autocratic leadership style is best used in situations where control is necessary, often where there is little margin for error. When conditions are dangerous, rigid rules can keep people out of harm's way.
Also, what are the characteristics of autocratic leadership?
The autocratic leader typically follows certain characteristics including:
- Retains all power, authority, and control, and reserves the right to make all decisions.
- Distrust of their subordinate's ability, and closely supervise and control people under them.
What are the pros and cons of autocratic leadership?
Even so, the most effective autocratic leaders remember to communicate task expectations and to respect their followers.
- Advantage: Easy to Learn.
- Advantage: Clear Line of Control.
- Advantage: Good for Inexperienced or Unmotivated Workers.
- Disadvantage: Increased Work Burden.