Asked by: Ola Herzofamily and relationships parenting teens
What is emotional maturity and examples?
Last Updated: 17th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Besides, what is emotional maturity?
Emotional maturity is the ability to handlesituations without unnecessarily escalating them. Instead ofseeking to blame someone else for their problems or behavior,emotionally mature people seek to fix the problem orbehavior. They accept accountability for theiractions.
Also, why is emotional maturity important? Because maturity is based in responsibility,mature people live with higher levels of happiness and lower levelsof depression and stress. The emotionally mature turn theirhappiness into sharing and generosity. They offer helpful servicesto others as a way to spread their own wealth and joy in ways thatcircle back.
Similarly, it is asked, how do you emotionally mature in a relationship?
Here are 10 ways to strengthen your emotionalmaturity:
- Practice a pause.
- Remember we all have the same value.
- Practice putting yourself in another person's shoes.
- Let go of your need to be right.
- Be more flexible.
- Choose gratitude.
- Be quick to apologize for any bad behavior.
How do you show maturity?
Part 1 Developing Personal Maturity
- Live by your values. Maturity includes making decisions basedoff of your values, ethics, and morals, instead of what feels goodin the moment.
- Honor your feelings. Maturity includes emotionaldevelopment.
- Be teachable.
- Maintain a non-judgmental attitude.
- Keep your commitments.