Asked by: Elhassan Agudintechnology and computing browsers
What is file audit?
Last Updated: 23rd April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Besides, how can I tell who last accessed a file?
Select the first item in the log, and thencheckthe Object Name field on the General tab to seewhichfile was accessed. Select the following item inthelog until you find the appropriate event. Review the Subjectfieldon the General tab to see which network useraccessedthe file last.
Secondly, how do I audit a file in Windows Server 2012? 2. Enable Auditing of Specific Folder
- Select the folder that you want to audit.
- Right-click and click “Properties” to accessitsproperties.
- Go to “Security” tab, andclick“Advanced”.
- In “Advanced Security Settings…”
- Click “Add”. “
- Click “Select a principal” link.
One may also ask, how do I enable file sharing in auditing?
Enable object auditing in Windows:
- Navigate to Administrative Tools > LocalSecurityPolicy.
- In the left pane, expand Local Policies, and then clickAuditPolicy.
- Select Audit object access in the right pane, and thenclickAction > Properties.
- Select Success and Failure.
- Click OK.
What is Audit object access?
Audit Object Access. The Auditobjectaccess policy handles auditing access toallobjects outside AD. The first use you might think of forthepolicy is file and folder auditing, but you can use ittoaudit access to any type of Windows objectincludingregistry keys, printers, and services.