Asked by: Cipriana Mugarrietamedical health lung and respiratory health
What is ICD 10 code for bronchitis?
Last Updated: 19th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, what is the diagnosis codes for acute and chronic bronchitis?
J44. 1 converts approximately to one of the following ICD-9-CM codes: 491.21 - Obstructive chronic bronchitis with (acute) exacerbation. 493.22 - Chronic obstructive asthma with (acute) exacerbation.
Furthermore, how do you code asthma with acute bronchitis? Wiki Acute asthma exacerbation with acute bronchitis
- Code: J45.21.
- Code Name: ICD-10 Code for Mild intermittent asthma with (acute) exacerbation.
- Block: Chronic lower respiratory diseases (J40-J47)
- Excludes 1: bronchitis due to chemicals, gases, fumes and vapors (J68.0)
- Excludes 2: cystic fibrosis (E84.-)
- Details: Mild intermittent asthma with (acute) exacerbation.
Also, which code is accurate when coding bronchitis?
Correct coding is J20. 5 Acute bronchitis due to respiratory syncytial virus.
What is bronchitis j40?
J40 is a billable ICD code used to specify a diagnosis of bronchitis, not specified as acute or chronic. A 'billable code' is detailed enough to be used to specify a medical diagnosis.