Asked by: Yuanyuan Darchiashvilisports rowing
What is Iliocostalis Lumborum?
Last Updated: 1st April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, what is the Iliocostalis muscle?
Iliocostalis muscle, any of the deep muscles of the back that, as part of the erector spinae (sacrospinalis) muscle group, aid in extension (bending backward), lateral flexion (bending to the side), and rotation of the spinal column.
Also, what is Iliocostalis Thoracis? The iliocostalis dorsi (musculus accessorius; iliocostalis thoracis) arises by flattened tendons from the upper borders of the angles of the lower six ribs medial to the tendons of insertion of the iliocostalis lumborum; these become muscular, and are inserted into the upper borders of the angles of the upper six ribs
Keeping this in consideration, where is the Iliocostalis muscle located?
The iliocostalis muscle is located over the most lateral part of the ribs and is covered by the serratus dorsalis muscle.
How do you stretch your Iliocostalis?
2. Side stretch
- From a standing position, raise your arms overhead and interlace your fingers.
- Press into your feet and legs as you tilt to the right.
- Tuck in your chin and gaze down toward the floor.
- Hold this position for up to 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the left side.
- Repeat 2–4 times on each side.