Asked by: Lucely Werstvideo gaming casual games
What is mean by couldn t?
Last Updated: 24th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, how do you use couldn't in a sentence?
couldn-t Sentence Examples
- "I couldn't sleep," she said.
- I was so excited that I couldn't sleep, so I got up anddressed.
- You couldn't see a thing.
- If he has custody, she couldn't get the money.
- He's a big horse, but I couldn't make him carry the two of usin that terrain.
- Couldn't you wish me in some safer place than Oz.
would ve meaning? would've. Contraction of would haveindicating a non-occurring action or state that was conditional onanother non-occurring event in the past. We would'vebeen warmer if you had closed the window. I would'vegone if it hadn't rained.
Besides, what does it mean to say I could care less?
If a person says, “I couldn't careless” about something, it means that the amount ofcare and concern they have about something could notbe any less, any lower. This makes sense. Thereforewhen someone says I could care less, it shouldmean the opposite, that they are concerned.
Is couldn't care less a double negative?
Correct Use: "I couldn't care less" means "I donot care at all." Incorrect Use: "I could care less"means "I still care a little bit." 1. You may use onenegative expression in each clause of asentence.