Asked by: Auicha Portashobbies and interests woodworking
What is the best finish for maple hardwood floors?
Last Updated: 25th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In respect to this, what is the best finish for a hardwood floor?
The Top Surface Finishes for Hardwood Flooring
- Water-Based Polyurethane. Arguably the most popular surface finish for hardwood flooring, water-based polyurethane provides a clear finish and has the traditional hardwood look and feel.
- Oil Sealer.
- Hard-Wax Oil.
- Acid Cured.
- Aluminum Oxide.
Subsequently, question is, how do you seal and stain hardwood floors? Use a random orbital sander to sand the floor three times, using a lighter-grit abrasive with each pass. Remove dust with a heavy-duty shop vac followed by rags dampened with mineral spirits. Apply stain to the hardwood floor in one 2-foot section at a time using a lambswool applicator.
Additionally, how do you finish maple hardwood floors?
Follow these directions to refinish your maple hardwood floors effectively.
- Step 1: Inspect the Floor to See if Complete Refinishing is Needed.
- Step 2: Fill Gaps and Cracks with Floor Putty.
- Step 3: Sweep and Vacuum the Floor.
- Step 4: Seal Off the Room.
- Step 5: Sand Down the Floor Surface.
What is the most popular wood floor color?
2020 Hardwood Floor Stain and Color Trends
- Dark and cool toned hardwoods. Yes, the trend towards darker colors keeps growing and growing.
- Gray and gray blends (including charcoals, greiges and brown/grays) Yes, gray, gray and more gray.
- Light, natural and muted.
- Whitewashed and lightly whitewashed floors.