Asked by: Anoir Bucharhobbies and interests candle and soap making
What is the best fire extinguisher for electrical?
Last Updated: 17th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this way, which types of fire extinguisher should you use on live electrical equipment?
Fire extinguishers with a Class C rating are suitable for fires in “live” electrical equipment. Both monoammonium phosphate and sodium bicarbonate are commonly used to fight this type of fire because of their nonconductive properties.
Furthermore, which two types of fire extinguishers should you never use on an electrical fire? Water Fire Extinguisher Use: Water fire extinguishers are best for combatting Class A fires, for example fires involving organic solid materials, such as wood, cloth, fabric, paper and plastics. Dangers: Do not use on burning fat or oil and also never use on fires involving electrical appliances.
Beside this, what are the 4 types of fire extinguishers?
There are four classes of fire extinguishers – A, B, C and D – and each class can put out a different type of fire.
- Class A extinguishers will put out fires in ordinary combustibles such as wood and paper.
- Class B extinguishers are for use on flammable liquids like grease, gasoline and oil.
What is the best fire extinguisher for home use?
So here is my list of The 10 Best Home Fire Extinguishers
- Amerex B500 Fire Extinguisher.
- Kidde 466112 Fire Extinguisher.
- First Alert AF400-2 Fire Extinguisher Spray.
- Kidde 466180 Pro 5 Fire Extinguisher.
- Kidde 466204 Pro 10 Fire Extinguisher.
- AFO Fire Ball Fire Extinguisher.
- First Alert 2.5 Pound Fire Extinguisher.