Asked by: Yanine Forcanofood and drink healthy cooking and eating
What is the best home cholesterol test kit?
Last Updated: 15th January, 2020
- Best Overall: CardioChek Home Basic Analyzer atAmazon.
- Best Budget: First Check Cholesterol Home Test 3in 1 Kit at Target.
- Best Online Integration: At Home Cholesterol& Lipids Test at Amazon.
- Best Starter Kit: Health Inc.
- Best Genetic Test: Color Hereditary HighCholesterol Test at Color.
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, are home cholesterol test kits accurate?
The results of home cholesterol tests are about95% accurate -- very close to the accuracy of adoctor's (or laboratory's) test.
Furthermore, how do you feel when you have high cholesterol? In this heart condition, excess LDL cholesterolbuilds up as plaque in the small arteries of your heart, narrowingand stiffening them. This reduces blood flow, which can makeyou feel tired or short of breath, as well as cause chestpain, notes the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute(NHLBI).
Considering this, can you test your cholesterol levels at home?
The standard cholesterol home test kit contains alancet for drawing blood and test strips. To use acholesterol home test kit, you first prickyour finger with the lancet. Next, you place theblood droplet on the test strip. The cholesterol hometest strip has special chemicals that change colors after a fewminutes.
What is the best drink to lower cholesterol?
Drinks That Can Help You Lower High Cholesterol
- Green tea. Hot green tea | isa-7777/Getty Images.
- Tart cherry juice. PR Newswire notes a study published in Food& Function found tart cherry juice may help cholesterol levelsand cardiovascular health in general.
- Citrus juice. Lemons with lemon juice | iStock.com.
- Cranberry juice.