Asked by: Easter Viehoferbusiness and finance green solutions
What is the best method for purifying water?
Last Updated: 27th January, 2020
- Boiling. This is a reliable way to purify water.
- Use of Iodine solution, tablets or crystals. This is aneffective and more convenient method.
- Use chlorine drops. Chlorine has the ability to kill bacteriain water.
- Use water filter.
- Use Ultraviolet Light.
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, what are the different water purification methods?
10 Water Filtration Methods
- Activated Carbon. Carbon removes contaminants by chemicallybonding to the water that is poured into the system.
- Distillation. Distillation is one of the oldest waterpurification methods.
- Ion Exchange.
- Reverse Osmosis.
- Carbon Block.
which traditional methods were used to purify water? Basically all such techniques aim to remove suspendedimpurities from water. There are also sometraditional household techniques to remove specificwater pollutant. Traditional water purificationmethods include boiling, filtration, sedimentation and solarradiation.
Also asked, which chemical is used for purification of water?
The most common chemical water treatmentsused by hikers and backpackers for drinking waterpurification are some form of chlorine, iodine, or oxidizingagents. All of these chemical water purification optionsrequire time for the chemicals to do their job.
What are the 5 stages of water treatment?
They typically consist of several steps in thetreatment process. These include: (1) Collection ; (2)Screening and Straining ; (3) Chemical Addition ; (4) Coagulationand Flocculation ; (5) Sedimentation and Clarification ; (6)Filtration ; (7) Disinfection ; (8) Storage ; (9) andfinally Distribution.