Asked by: Tudor Muklevichscience chemistry
What is the best pool treatment system?
Last Updated: 23rd February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, what is the best pool sanitation system?
3 Ways to Sanitize Your Pool without the Typical Chlorine Risks
- Salt sanitizers (“saltwater pool”) In recent years, saltwater sanitizers have become a popular alternative to off-the-shelf chlorine for treating water in swimming pools.
- Ozone pool purification. Ozone purification is the most effective FDA-approved water purification method.
- Ultraviolet pool sanitizing light.
Secondly, are UV pool sanitizers worth it? So adding germ-killing chlorine to a UV system is ideal for a residential pool. But you should still consider installing a UV sanitizer since it should help you decrease the amount of chlorine needed for your pool. UV systems are expensive, ranging from $500 to $2000.
Just so, what chemicals are used to treat swimming pools?
- TriChlor: 3” tabs, or 1” tabs or sticks.
- DiChlor: granular.
- Bromine: 1” tabs.
- Cyanuric Acid: Liquid or dry chlorine stabilizer.
- Calcium Hypochlorite: Cal Hypo pool shock is used to quickly sanitize pool water, boost chlorine levels and kill algae.
Is there an alternative to chlorine in a pool?
There are alternatives to chlorine including bromine, ionizers, and ozonators, though with each you'll still need to use some chlorine. A fourth alternative is PHMB, which doesn't require the use of any chlorine. All four have drawbacks, including cost. Chlorine is relatively cheap.