Asked by: Celinia Huggahallisports bodybuilding
What is the best protein shake for muscle recovery?
Last Updated: 8th March, 2020
- Best Whey Protein Powder: Myprotein Pro THE Whey+
- Best Budget Protein Powder: Bulk Powders Pure Whey Protein.
- Best Casein Protein Powder: Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard 100% Casein.
- Best Vegan Protein Powder: Healthspan Elite Complete Vegan Protein.
- Best Recovery Protein: SiS REGO Rapid Recovery+
Click to see full answer.
In respect to this, what is the best protein shake for muscle gain?
The best protein powders for a muscle-building boost
- Chocolate Coconut Whey Protein Powder. A strong coconut flavor.
- Garden Of Life Meal Raw Chocolate Organic. It'll keep you full for longer.
- Nutiva Organic Cold-Processed Hemp Protein. Plant-based protein powder.
- GNC Pro Performance 100 Whey.
- Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder.
- PaleoPro Paleo Protein Powder.
Furthermore, do protein shakes help with recovery? Post-workout recovery shakes are a great way to ensure your body is getting the nutrition it needs. Following intense exercise, a combination of protein and carbohydrates will help your muscles restore and regain strength. These protein sources contain essential amino acids to promote maximum protein synthesis.
Considering this, what is the best protein shake for after workout?
The Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey Protein Powder, one of Amazon's best-selling whey protein powder, delivers 24 g of protein per 30-g serving without any artificial sugars, making it a great pick for kick-starting muscle recovery after training or exercise.
Should I drink a protein shake if my muscles are sore?
A recent, small scale study concludes that protein shakes, compared with high carbohydrate drinks, do not reduce muscle pain or speed up muscle recovery after a workout. Following resistance training, muscles can feel sore for around 48 hours. There is also a measurable decline in muscle function.