Asked by: Shani Carlesmedical health cold and flu
What is the best way to stop a cold before it starts?
Last Updated: 26th April, 2020
- Stay hydrated. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemonwaterwithhoney helps loosen congestion and preventsdehydration.
- Soothe a sore throat.
- Combat stuffiness.
- Relieve pain.
- Sip warm liquids.
- Add moisture to the air.
- Try over-the-counter (OTC) coldandcoughmedications.
Click to see full answer.
In respect to this, how do you stop a cold before it starts?
- Prop yourself up with pillows.
- Take a hot shower.
- Drink up.
- Get a good night's sleep.
- Take a 'mega dose' of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is proventoshortenthe duration of a cold or flu once it's started.
- Gargle with salt water.
- Eat immunity boosting foods.
- Do you have any other tips for feeling better fast?
Additionally, how do you stop an oncoming sore throat? Also, take these steps to steer clear of colds andtheflu,which often bring on sore throats:
- Stay away from people who are sick.
- Wash your hands often.
- Don't share food, drink, or utensils.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes and face.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Drink lots of fluids.
Beside this, how can I get rid of a cold in 24 hours?
How to overcome a summer cold in just 24 hours
- Drink, Drink, Drink! Keeping hydrated is absolutely vitaltohelp'flush' out the cold, as well as to break down congestionandkeepyour throat lubricated.
- Up your Vitamin C.
- Boil some bones.
- Use a supplement.
- Step Outside.
- Stock up on Zinc.
- Go Natural.
- Take it easy!
How do I avoid getting a cold?
Here are 12 tips for preventing colds and theflu.
- Eat green vegetables. Green, leafy vegetables arerichinvitamins that help you maintain a balanced diet —andsupporta healthy immune system.
- Get Vitamin D.
- Keep moving.
- Get enough sleep.
- Skip the alcohol.
- Calm down.
- Drink green tea.
- Add color to meals.